Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Elementary Swimming Program

By Brian Jung

Stroke development, water safety and fitness are Mr. Mohamad's goals for the KIS swimming program. Mr. Mohamad is teaching different types of swimming styles including: crawl, breaststroke, backstroke and butterfly. His main goal is to assign swimming drills to help students correct or develop their swimming kick, stroke and overall technique.

Mr. Mohamd Elementary Swim Instructor
Mr. Mohamad told KIS Today that swimming is a good way to develop the healthy cardio vascular system, develop coordination, keep the fat levels down and enhance children's natural flexibility and promote proportional muscular development. He said swimming is a sport that will provide children fitness and enjoyment for life and it is important for psychological development.
I started swimming when I was 5 years old, and I learned different kinds of swimming styles. I learned a lot from my brother who was a professional swimmer and participated in swimming competitions. I have a lot of experience in sports in general and I participated in a lot of competitions national and international which helps me understand a lot about swimming!

Mr. Mohamad shared what brought him to Ukraine: I am in Ukraine because I love sports and I wanted to study sports here and also practice sports here! I finished the bachelor degree of physical education and sport, master's degree of physical rehabilitation and now I am a PHD student, trying to finish my dissertation.

Mr. Mohamad loves swimming, loves sports and enjoys teaching at KIS. Let's hope Mr. Mohamad accomplishes his goals and all KIS elementary kids learn water safety, stroke development, and become very fit.