Tuesday, May 19, 2015

KISMET Media membership experience

Robert B. Litwin Media Mr. Hume 05/08/2015 KISMET Media membership experience By the time I was only planning my entire school year, I wasn’t sure if taking Media classes was even worth it. Honestly, in the end I only took the course with thoughts like “sure, why not?” or “nah, what the heck?” I guess I just simply wasn’t that enthusiastic about the course, mostly because I knew little to nothing about it. What came after the first few lessons in Mr. Hume’s class went pretty much as I have predicted. I predicted that the first steps will always be hard to get used to, but in time I did. I did complain a lot first time I was either giving announcements or updating journals, but that’s normal for every new class. It’s important to note that being part of the KISMET Media is also a team-effort, meaning that you’ll have to rely on others in the team and others will in time rely on you. There were many huge projects in which each one of us had to put in some work, and one example can be when we were all interviewing Mr. Legan about substituting Mr. Blaho as the school principle. At that project I was pretty much just handling the technological equipment; microphone, camera, cables etc. Even in individual assignments such as Photo essays, or Video Blog posts, help was sometimes needed from others. Afterall, how was I supposed to record myself doing a school news report? Every time someone helped me, I always tried to return the favor by doing the same. Media class is fun because it teaches you team effort as well as the rewarding nature of hard work. It is also rewarding because it also teaches a bit about responsibility. Whenever we were asked to post a blog report or include something new in the announcements, we were always told to be careful about what we post, and that the work on it depends solely on us. All the help were allowed to have in those assignments is instructions, the rest is up to us. So while the KISMET Media team teaches you something about responsibility, team-work, and hard work, you can enjoy this if you choose so. I thought that I chose this subject myself out of my own will, and I wasn’t forced to, so why should I hate it? And that’s the most important lesson and experience I have from this class; that subjects can be boring and not fun only if you let the to be. You can enjoy them if you just simply allow yourself to like them. In short; don’t complain because when you, that is the reason you later complain even more.

No comments: